- HoopAsana Teacher Training is offered as a weekend retreat in Houston, TX (Fri-Sun: 20 classroom hours). The next HoopAsana Teacher Training is scheduled for October 13-15, 2017.
- You are responsible for meals (partner prep meal sharing using the available kitchen is encouraged).
- You are responsible for lodging (some sleeping options are available onsite. Contact Laura if you're interested in learning about what is available.
- Pre-training prep work will be sent to registered participants 30 days before training
- Investment is $430, payable in full or in two installments ($215 deposit to hold your spot and then $215 due 30 days before training)
- No hoop or yoga instructor certification necessary. Prerequisites are a background in movement or movement instruction AND a personal yoga practice/familiarity with basic yoga postures and philosophy.
Ready to snag your spot? Let's do this!
Use the drop down menu below to choose the payment plan that works for you! Pay in full, or choose the installment plan and make your deposit today.
HoopAsana Teacher Training
October 13-15, 2017 in Houston, TX
Do you love bringing body-positive, empowering movement to people of all shapes, sizes, ages, and abilities?
Do you have a background in movement and a personal yoga practice?
Do you want to learn how to help people feel present, strong, and empowered?
HoopAsana is gentle, body-positive yoga with the strengthening and stabilizing of an adult-sized heavyweight hoop. Classes offer many options for each student to get what they need - whether that's a gentle class with maximum stabilization from the hoop OR a sweat-inducing dynamic movement filled class with lots of hoop movement. All levels can have a great time in the same class!
In this teacher training you'll learn how to:
- incorporate the HoopAsana philosophy and guiding principles into your teaching
- lead a hoop-making workshop you can offer to your students for additional income and go home with your own hoop
- use specific language, timing, sequencing, and adjustments to create a body-positive atmosphere you can incorporate into any of your classes
- safely teach 15+ foundational HoopAsana poses you can combine for endless sequences
- teach with a variety of props, including hoops, yoga blocks, straps, blankets, and bolsters
You'll walk away ready to teach HoopAsana with the support of:
- your HoopAsana Teacher Manual containing everything you need to know about teaching safe and empowering classes
- the HoopAsana name for your classes and marketing materials - for life. No re-certification or other fees, ever!
- free updates to the HoopAsana Teacher Manual as it evolves
- a Certified HoopAsana Instructor badge for your website
- 10 tested sequences, so you can start teaching right away
- access to a private Facebook group so you can continue to connect with the HoopAsana teacher community
- your shiny new adult-sized hoop you made with your own two hands